Friday, March 6, 2009

We discovered sand today!!

Today was a exciting day for Syd and I. We woke up and went to a consignment sale to shop for Syd's Summer wardrobe. We got approximately 8ish outfits for .... drum roll please....
TWENTY FOUR DOLLARS!!!!!!
oooooooh finding good deals make me so happy! Here is a short preview of some of my favorite pieces! Three cheers for being cheap!





I cannot wait for the warm weather so I can dress her in all her new clothes! Horay! After we had fun shopping we went to the park. After running, jumping and climbing for an hour [and after my knees were raw from crawling through the tubes on the playground] Syd came across the volley ball court and ... SAND!



It took her a bit to get used to it but once she tested it out for a couple minutes, she dove in. She even let me bury her up to her waist! Syd has no legs! eeeek! We were having so much fun until we also experienced our first playground bully!! (GASP) dun dun dun
A little three your old boy named Josh came over to "help" us build sand castles and decided it would be a great idea to kick sand on us! When I nicely asked him to, "please stop" he said back, "It was not me" .... ?!?!?! and continued to kick sand on us! The entire time the little boy is kicking sand on Sydney and I his grandfather was NOT doing anything about it. He was just letting him do it! So I told the Grandpa that he needed to take Josh away to play somewhere else and he did, but not before he gave me a few nasty grandpa faces. Of course I retaliated with, "WHAT?!?! I'll drop you old man right now!!"
Juuuuussst kiddding... but i definitely thought it. Sometimes that is all we can do. Have our little fantasies in our head...Le sigh. I need to know that others have these little fantasies when they are so obviously wronged! Please enlighten me!
BUT Syd enjoyed the sand so much I think that we will have to visit it again soon. Next time we will be prepared with sand castle making equipment! I think we might go to the pool on Monday so expect some swimsuit pictures! :)

I also chose a new layout as all of you might have noticed... What do you think? The teal soothes my eyeballs and it has been said that geniuses pick shades of green so we all know what that means. hah! does teal count as a shade of green? Hopefully...

and now for Christina's [side note: This blog is telling me that "Christina" is spelled wrong and when I clicked on it to see what it thinks I am trying to spell it said.."Christiana"...REALLY? They seriously do not have Christina in their word bank of correctly spelled words? but for some reason have Christiana? what the heck!] quote of the day/week/whenever I find a quote that I enjoy enough to post on here...

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
-George Washington (1732 - 1799)


Much DRAMA has been going on lately and most of you guys know what I am talking about. I just wanted to thank my dear friends who I love and Cherish. <3 DRAMA just Holl-er and I'll send ya the nutshell version! lol!!)

Love, Christina and Sydney!

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda h. said...

haha i love it! when i was still pregnant and even now that gray is a wee babe, when i see a kid being a biotch and a parent just letting it happen, i just think of all the things i would say to the kid. like: "look, skank, you throw that dart at my son one more time and i will end you. with my bare hands. k, nice chat, carry on."

when are you doing your field experience? i teach at central gwinnett. it is muy interesante. but i also teach resource which is under special education (learning disabilities, ADHD...) so some of them are a little insane. and speaking of parents who don't parent... yeaaaa.

yea, the tumor thing is pretty much some un-fun times but they are pretty sure that's what it is and they are almost always benign. the only thing is cutting out is an issue because of the carotid artery -- big bleeding issue, yikes!

we definitely need to introduce our offspring. you know, arrange the marriage, pick out the location... simple sunday afternoon. haha j/k. i will let you know when i'll be up there -- probably in a few weeks.

March 7, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home